Once we decided on the number of prints we needed, we started the campaign of printing all the art work. We used the print room down at vernon street, because we felt that it is better equipped and the technicians down there are much more helpful. One the first day we went down to print, we got talking to the technicians and told them about the exhibition and how much time we had to print everything. By the end of the day they had given us 8 screens which were going to be put aside for us to use all thes time, this would give us a constant cycle of screens to get all the prints done. We had 2 weeks to get all the prints done which we needed 12 A2, 36 A3 and a lot of A6 posters.
To keep the exhibition ethical and cut down on waste and cost of it all, we recycled stock from around the studio and bits that Nathan and myself had ourselves, the ink we used was pre mixed ink that other students had printed within in the print room.
Through the two weeks we were printing everyday, for as long as possible, most days we were down there from 9 till 6. Doing this was great, we have always loved being in the print room, but for me, it was great fun and something that I really enjoyed. It got me away from my computer and actually making things. Even though I already had the printing skills, I learnt so much and got my printing technique much better through the time spent printing, it was like a crash course! Doing all this printing and spending every day in there, made me realise how much I do like print and the physical printing process and made me think more about doing after uni.
Throughout the time in the print, we photographed and filmed the process, so we could document it and have something to show for the time and hard work we put into this part of the project.